The Japan Society of Northern California, in cooperation with the Stanford University US-Asia Technology Management Center, will hold the 2013 Innovation Symposium to shine a spotlight on US-Japan innovation and entrepreneurship.
The 2013 Innovation Symposium will:
- Recognize three unique emerging leaders, Bloom Energy, Cellular Dynamics International, and euglena Co., Ltd.
- Hear a stimulating discussion featuring Dr. KR Sridhar (Bloom Energy Principal Co-Founder and CEO), Robert J. Palay (Cellular Dynamics International CEO), Mitsuro Izumo (euglena Co., Ltd. CEO) and Robert Eberhart, PhD. (Research and Project Leader, Stanford Project on Japanese Entrepreneurship).
- Learn about the Japan entry strategy of Square (2012 Emerging Leader - U.S. Award winner) from Randy Reddig, Co-Founder Explore distinctive applications of intrapreneurship at Honda Jet and Mori Seiki, drawing on investigative reporting of respected journalists.
- Gain perspectives from visionary VC founders, Tim Draper and Yoshito Hori, about revolutionary models for developing innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Honor U.S. Ambassador to Japan, John V. Roos, for championing Japan-U.S. innovation and entrepreneurship
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in the latest developments in Japan – U.S. innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Those seeking to honor Ambassador John V. Roos.
Attendees will gain a unique perspective into Japan – U.S. innovation and business creation. Attendees will further obtain unique insights into the challenges and choices facing potentially world-changing companies as they commercialize significant innovations.
When? July 26, 2013 from 1:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Where? Stanford University Arrillaga Alumni Center (McCaw Hall and Palm Court) 326 Galvez Street Stanford, CA 94305-6105.
More Information: Briana Burrows, Program Coordinator, (415) 986-4383.